Hardware Security Module (HSM) support
The Universal Debug Engine supports the Hardware Security Module (HSM) of state-of-the-art automotive microcontrollers that are used in safety and security critical applications. The HSM is implemented for example in:
- TriCore™ AURIX™ from Infineon
- Stellar from STMicroelectronics
- MPC57xx Power Architecture™ devices from NXP
- SPC5 Power Architecture™ devices from STMicroelectronics
The HSM is treated as a further core and can be fully controlled by UDE. Furthermore, joint debugging of the Host/HSM cores and FLASH programming are possible.
- Debugging on C/C++ source code level or assembler level
- Debug synchronization (multicore run-control) with main cores of host SoC
- FLASH programming of HSM code and data into dedicated HSM FLASH
The UDE provides trace support for devices where the HSM is connected to the on-chip trace system. The actual trace functions available depend on the specific hardware implementation.
- Instruction trace of executed HSM code
- Instrumentation trace
- Trace of data transfers between HSM and host system