Communication Hardware "fast-PC67" and "fast-PC276"
fast-PC67C and fast-PC276 High-Speed Communication Board for ISA or PCIfast-PC67C and fast-PC276C are PC boards optimized for high-speed communication between the Integrated Development Environment on the host PC and a C16x / ST10 microcontroller system.
The board allows fast and reliable communication under Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32/64). Featured by the integrated C167CR or ST10F276 microcontroller and 256 kByte or 1 MByte of RAM the board may serve as hardware based simulator for C16x / ST10 code development too.
The following serial modes are available:
- 16-bit PCI bus PC board (compatible with 32-bit, 5.0 Volts PCI bus slots)
- C167CR microcontroller with 256 kByte or 1 MByte SRAM and up to 1 MByte Flash-EPROM (128kByte by default), 20 or 24MHz internal system clock or
- ST10F276 microcontroller with 1 MByte SRAM and up to 1 MByte Flash-EPROM, 40MHz or 64MHz internal system clock
- Additional CAN bus interface standards may be used with add-on boards connected via the CAN add-on interface module
- On-board high-speed CAN bus interface driver for ISO-DIS 11898 standard
- 96 C167CR/ST10 I/O pins are accessible via two 50-pin connectors
- Up to 192 kByte Flash-EPROM for customer software available
- Flexible serial high-speed communication to a C16x / ST10 target system via a serial D-Sub connector
- Real time clock on fast-PC276C available
- 2 MByte memory extension available
- fast-PC67C/ISA board for 16-bit ISA bus is available with the same functionality as described.
||up to 115 kbps
||up to 625 kbps
||up to 2,5 Mbps
|3Pin-Interface (Software SSC)
||up to 115kbps
|CAN (On-Chip CAN)
||up to 1 Mbps
Dedicated device drivers ensure an optimized operating system access to the fast-PC67C board.
For normal operation with debugger software, no special communication card setup is required. All settings are done automatically.
Supported microcontroller derivatives
Flexible CAN Bus Interface Capability
The debugger development environment for C16x / ST10 applications supports the CAN communication channel between host PC and target system. Following advantages are thereby achieved:
- CAN communication channel may be used simultaneously for your application and for debugging because of the CAN bus node addressing.
- No additional hardware is required for on-site software testing, as C167C / ST10 CAN derivatives target systems already contain the necessary hardware equipment to use the CAN bus.
- The CAN bus debugging monitor in the target system requires just 4kByte of code and 128Bytes data memory; it can thus be easily integrated into nearly all types of target systems. 4 message identifier and 2 CAN module messages objects for host-to-target communication must be reserved. CAN bus timing is user-definable.
The CAN debugging interface uses the on-chip CAN module of the C167CR, C167CS, C164CI, C161CS, C161JS, ST10R167 and ST10R168 CAN derivatives or an external i82527 CAN bus controller for communication with debugger on the host PC. The Controller Area Network (CAN) bus and its associated protocol allows very efficient communication between a number of stations connected to the CAN bus. Accessing a number of stations simultaneously may be of great advantage when designing complex systems with a number of CAN nodes based on C16x / ST10. Other software performance enhancing features of the CAN bus are:
- High data transmission speed (data rates of up to 1 Mbps can be achieved).
- Data integrity (the CAN bus protocol features several error-checking mechanisms).
- Relieving the host controller (CAN controller handle most of the task autonomously).
- Flexible and powerful message passing.
The CAN bus debug interface is an excellent solution allowing rapid access to the target system for software development, testing and on-site maintenance at all times.
Special CAN Bus Target Monitor Features
- One software trap (default: 7Eh) for breakpoint interrupt
- Target system monitors for C16x / ST10 internal on-chip CAN module and external i82527 available.
- CAN bus ROM monitors for standard evaluation boards come with the Debugger Standard Package.
- User specific CAN bus monitors can be configured from the UDE-Mon Portable Monitor package. All components (sources, objects and libraries) are compatible with the available C16x / ST10 cross compilers.
- Standard and Extended Identifiers supported.
- CAN interrupt sharing between monitor and application using the On-Chip CAN module.
- ROM-less CAN debug monitors possible (Bootstraploader(ASC) and CAN).
CAN Bus Monitoring:
The CAN bus may be monitored using the fast-PC67C and fast-PC276C:
- CAN bus polling
- CAN bus observing capability, can also be used in conjunction with the CAN bus based debugger communication
- CAN bus stimulation - ideally suited for testing CAN applications !
Add-on modules for CAN bus interface standards other than ISO-DIS 11898 may be plugged on fast-PC67C/fast-PC276C. Therefore, fast-PC67C may be connected with a CAN bus based on the ISO-DIS11519-1 CAN low speed standard. The Module CAN/LB032 LS TxBB (i+ME Actia) can be directly plugged into the fast-PC67C/fast-PC276C connectors. Other opto-isolated CAN interface modules may also be used with fast-PC67C/fast-PC276C.
The Debugger CAN Bus Monitoring tool is designed as a development aid for applications using the CAN bus and is not supposed to completely replace a CAN Analyzer.
Trademarks: PCI is a trademark of PCI-SIG. ST is a registered trademark
of companies belonging to the STMicroelectronics Group.