UDE MemTool Utilities - Tools for FLASH Memory Programming and OTP Memory Programming
UDE MemTool is designed for On-Chip FLASH programming and On-Board FLASH / OTP programming with microcontroller hardware systems using C166, C166CBC, C166S-V2, XC166, XC2000, XE166, ST10, ST30, TriCore, PowerPC, ARM7, ARM9, ARM11, Cortex-M3, SH-2A derivatives.
The debugging tool Universal Debug Engine (UDE) features the On-Chip FLASH programming or external FLASH / OTP EPROM programming directly from within the Debugging Environment via the UDE MemTool Add-In.
Versions of MemTool for FLASH / OTP Memory ProgrammingUDE MemTool Add-In .. is a part of the Universal Debug Engine (UDE) and allows the FLASH / OTP programming during the development cycle inside of UDE. MemTool observes the download path and runs the programming process when requested.
UDE Standalone MemTool .. comes with a separate front-end interface as standalone tool outside of UDE. All programming functions are available also via standard COM automation interfaces. Using these interfaces, the features of MemTool may be integrated into automatic production and test systems or can be executed via scripts.
General Features of FLASH / OTP Memory Programming
- High-speed data communication by using the debug channel between target system and the debugging tool Universal Debug Engine based on the fast-PC6x or Access Device Communication Hardware
- Automatic adaptation of data to be programmed to the smallest memory block size by automatic read operations
- Easy-to-Use: FLASH programming is integrated in the debugger-to-target program download.
- Transparent Erase Mode: previous bank read and bank erase simulate random access for non-bytewise erasable FLASH memories
Functions of UDE MemToolUDE MemTool offers following functions (depending on the type of memory)
MemTool can handle more than one memory module on the target system and is only using On-Chip RAM for execution (IRAM; XRAM when available). MemTool supports the Single-Chip Reset Mode of the new SAB C16x derivatives.
- Erasing the entire memory module
- Erasing selected sectors of the memory module
- Loading Intel Hex and Motorola S-Record files
- Programming all or selected portions of the file into the memory module
- Comparing all or selected portions of the file to the current contents of the memory module
- Read back and save-to-disk of the current memory content
- Setting and Resetting the Chip/Sector Protection (On-Chip only)
- Calculating CRC sums of sections
- Watchdog handling for some derivatives.
GangProgrammer for FLASH / OTP Memory Programming
UDE MemTool can program FLASH memory devices simultaneously for saving time and optimizing the resource usage in production environments.
The GangProgrammer utility administrates up to 8 programming stations. The used access devices (UAD2) can be connected to the host PC via USB, IEEE1394 or Ethernet interfaces, using hub devices. The targets are managed by separate target configurations. This allows a maximum of flexibility to the customer's requirements.
With a full-custom MemTool, even more advanced features can be included into MemTool.
OperationAutomatic activation when downloading an application in the debugger if write accesses onto the FLASH are required. In a dialog box all areas to be programmed are displayed. Programming may be started or cancelled manually. In the Transparent-Erase Mode, after editing a memory area in the debugger (e.g. in the memory window) the FLASH programming tool may be launched and the edited data can be burned into the memory using simulated bytewise programming.
Supported Microcontroller with On-Chip FLASH / OTP Memories
- XC161 CJ-16FF
- XC164 CS-16FF
- XC167 CI-16FF
- XC2264, XC2267
- XC2285, XC2286, XC2287
- ST10F251, ST10F252
- ST10F269, ST10F296
- ST10F271, ST10F272
- ST10F273, ST10F275, ST10F276
- ST10F280, ST10F282
- ST30F771, ST30F772, ST30F774
- STR710, STR711, STR712
- STR730, STR731
- ADuC7019, ADuC7020, ADuC7021, ADuC7022, ADuC7024, ADuC7025, ADuC7026, ADuC7027
- LPC2104, LPC2105, LPC2106
- LPC2114, LPC2119
- LPC2124, LPC2129, LPC2131 ,LPC2132, LPC2138
- LPC2141, LPC2142, LPC2144, LPC2146, LPC2148, LPC2194
- LPC2212, LPC2214, LPC2292, LPC2294
- LPC2364, LPC2366, LPC2368, LPC2378
- LPC2468, LPC2470, LPC2478
- LPC2880, LP2880
- LPC2915, LPC2917, LPC2919
- AT91SAM7A1, AT91SAM7A2, AT91SAM7A3
- AT91SAM7S32, AT91SAM7S64, AT91SAM7S128, AT91SAM7256
- STR910, STR911, STR912
- TMS470R1A64, TMS470R1A128, TMS470R1A256, TMS470R1A288, TMS470R1A384
- MAC71x1, MAC71x2, MAC71x4, MAC71x5, MAC71x6
- PowerPC MPC55xx, MPC56xx, SPC56x
- TriCore TC1100, TC1115, TC1130 On-Chip/External FLASH
- TriCore TC1161, TC1162, TC1163, TC1164, TC1165, TC1166 On-Chip/External FLASH
- TriCore TC1775, TC1766, TC1796, TC1910, TC1912, TC1920
- TriCore TC1767, TC1797
- Latest XC166, XC2000, XE166, TriCore, PowerPC, ARM, SH-2A Derivative's On-Chip FLASH
Supported External FLASH Memories of C166, ST10, XC166, XC2000, XE166, TriCore, PowerPC, ARM7, ARM9, ARM11, Cortex-M3, SH-2A derivatives
It is possible to extend the database of the supported external FLASH memories by the user. Please see the FAQ list of UDE.
- M29B xxx , M29C xxx , M29D xxx , M29F xxx , M29L xxx , M29W xxx Family and 100% compatible external FLASH
- AT29C xxx
- AT49B xxx
- SST39VF xxx, SST39LF xxx
- i28F xxx
- M58BW xxx
- TC58VFB xxx
- I2C 24LC xx
- further devices under preparation
Communication between Host PC and Target SystemAs communication channels ASC Bootstrap loader, CAN Bootstrap loader, CAN in combination with ASC Bootstrap loader and JTAG can be used. The standalone MemTool offers additionally the host-target communication via a standard RS232 host interface (COMx). Beside RS232 interface, the usage of the K-Line interface is possible.
* on request
|UDE Product ID
Access Device 2+
Access Device 2
|C16x, ST10, XC166, XC2000, XE166, TriCore, SPC56x, MPC55xx|
| ASC Bootstrap Loader
| K-Line Interface
|ST10, XC166, XC2000, XE166, TriCore, SPC56x, MPC55xx(*)|
| CAN Bootstrap Loader
|XC166, XC2000, XE166, TriCore, PowerPC, ARM, STR7, ST30|
Licensing of the UDE standalone MemTool
For UDE standalone MemTool, one license is required per workplace. Other license models are available on request, e.g. Department/ Company License or OEM license model.
The UDE standalone MemTool license includes a one-year maintenance and support contract that may be renewed every year. The license includes one custom specific adaptation (product) to a particular target system by pls Development Tools. Thus, the 'MemTool Configuration Form' is used to define the specific target system configuration. Additional MemTool adaptations to other target systems can then easily be set up by the customer itself.
With a full-custom MemTool, even more advanced features can be included into MemTool (e.g. integration into automatic production and test systems). Please contact us for specification and quotation.
Please note: Due to the limited number of program-erase cycles of the FLASH and the time required for programming it is not possible to execute single-stepping inside FLASH in non-JTAG derivatives while debugging the application.
Trademarks: TriCore is a trademark of Infineon Technologies. ST is a registered trademark of companies belonging to the STMicroelectronics Group.