User Definable Enhancements Being an integrated part of UDE, the open interface for User Definable Enhancements enables you to easily create completely new types of applications:
- HTML Scripts based on standard UDE ActiveX Control and customer-specific controls together with PERL and JAVA scripts provide fully customized hardware visualization and control.
- The Automation Interfaces of the UDE components even allow using basic UDE services for controlling the debugger and processing target communication, program flow control and symbol processing by external C/C++, VisualBasic and VBA applications.
- Substitution of the standard UDE desktop client by a customized desktop to fit the requirements of service tools, Matlab or another third-party tool integration by using the COM interface.
Automated Testing with Tessy The test system Tessy from Razorcat offers automated module testing of C code directly on the target system using Universal Debug Engine (UDE) debugging technology. It supports the whole unit testing cycle and works transparently on all target platforms currently supported by UDE.
- Systematic test case design using the classification tree method: Intuitive, easy to learn graphical representation of test specifications.
- Quick overview of test objects interface and variable usage within interface browser tools.
- Easy creation of module environment: Definition of unresolved references and all necessary stubs.
- Automatic test driver generation, test execution and evaluation of test results.
- Test driver in client/server technology allows unlimited number of test cases and minimum code/data requirements on the target system.
- Powerful support for regression testing: An interface browser tool shows both old and changed interfaces and provides comfortable interface assignment that allows automatic reusage of test data.
- For C166/ ST10 and TriCore target systems Tessy is available with Universal Debug Engine (UDE).